Thursday, August 9, 2007
Here comes the earth...
So, I met with the dump truck or hauling guy at the gravel pit. I talked to one of the owners until the guy showed up. Hey, 15 minutes is not too bad to wait when it comes to guess at traffic woes and what nots that could have happened. Hey, those trucks take off from red lights slow, they take longer to get somewhere. Both gravel pit guy and hauling guy were nice. Got right to work. He followed me out to the property and promptly dumped the first load. I went back to my work and he was working for me. I asked him before I left to call me around 4:30 to let me know the status so I can know what direction to take. He called at 4:20...I'm liking this guy already! More than prompt. That says a lot more than the tree guys. Plus, he is eager to do my work. When talking to him, he only was able to make 4 trips as it ran out of time to make the 5th. He made the suggestion to make a 6th trip with some road base. I told him that was just fine. It was another $130 for hauling and base. I didn't mind that so much as I thought that it may actually take more dirt than originally suggested. I'm good with it. So, he will go back and put 2 more loads of base on the front drive. I'll go pay the pit guy, as they close at 5 and I get off at 4:30. I'll check it out and take a picture for you...and then go to pay the hauling guy. Then...off to the weekend. I'll post about that later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment