Well, my brother and I have been feverishly trying to decide what to do and when to do it on the property. So, we talk about getting the road in a better condition. It's not too bad, but could be better. We get a bid for about $11K. That includes a water line from the main road to the back part of my property about 900 feet or so. That is too much money. Let's scale down. So, we were able to get some information and come up with a group of bids for at least a road from the first gate to the two gates. Getting crushed concrete...about $300 or so. Getting someone to haul it out there...about $300 or so. Someone to spread it around and make it look like a road...six hours for about $300 or so. Not too bad for starters. Hey, it sounds "green" to me! Recycled Concrete! Plus, it is supposed to pack down well. I hope this works!
Then, I look into clearing some land so I can build a carport and a shed, attached. I'm tired of paying someone else monthly fees to hold my "stuff" when I can put that money toward building a structure that will hold it for only a one time fee! I talk to a guy that has done work for me before and with a 30 second estimate, about $2000. Hmm...i'll still check around as I have several options as how it can be built and with what type of materials. But, since I trust him, it may be him that does the work. First I will have to get someone to pour the concrete after making the forms. That will be project number 3. Building the shed and carport project number 4. Building the front part of the private drive will be project number 2 and clearing the land project number 1.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment