First, let me say, this has been an experience. Everything seemed to be fine. The land, as it was separated by fences and looked like two separate pieces of property, was sold as one piece. Fine by us. We were able to get two legal descriptions and two separate surveys which would allow us to have two deeds. Everything went through ok, until... We looked at the information sent to us from the appraisal district. It had both parcels in my name. I needed to have one in my name and one in my brothers name, since we were buying them separately. This caused some frustration. It seemed that nobody seemed to know where the ball was dropped during the purchasing process. We knew we made everything clear...several times. It was somewhere with the title company, but they didn't want to take responsibility. Finally, they, along with my realtor, paid for the deed correction and any other expenses incurred. It was a silly thing that was blown out of proportion. We were being told we would have to pay for it and it would cost at least $300. Well, it wasn't our fault. They took responsibility, without taking responsibility.
Moving into the future...today I contacted the appraisal district as they sent a letter asking for a call. I thought the worst possible situation was them going to ask for the purchase amount. I clarified it with my Aunt, a realtor, and she said that legally we don't have to tell them. So, I was preparing myself for the "question". But no! They wanted to understand why and what. I explained to the the little fiasco and they were satisfied. We had a few chuckles about it and she would get it worked out today. That was a pleasant surprise. At least I was ready! They will send out a computer generated letter that shows the changes. Then I can rest peacefully on this one issue...and not pay taxes on both properties! ha ha
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment