Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shoo-Fly Cabin


shoo fly cabin, originally uploaded by cedarcreektx.

I was looking at a Log Home Living magazine that has many home designs, of course for log cabins. I'm definately not into the log cabin look, feel or texture. My grandparents had a log cabin home and it seemed to require a lot of TLC to keep bugs and such from damaging the wood. That isn't the important part. I like this floor plan. I like the idea of having a fireplace outside in an outside living space. The design is nice and simple. I would like to have a larger dining space, but then again, it may be decent enough. I would screen in the outdoor living room and the master porch. The cats can go outside, but stay safe. I don't think they would leave the space.

The upstairs would need more of a redo. I would make some additions. I would change the bedroom to an open loft and maybe extend it some. Then, the space over the master porch and master bedroom would be converted into the two bedrooms. This would make the house change from around a 1300 sq. ft. design to a 1800 sq. ft. design.

I've had to rethink things a lot and think that I will need to build a casita, like originally planned. I talked to an architect recently and found it it is sometimes called a guest house or a granny house.

(Click on the picture to see the entire picture, at least for those looking at the blog website)

0 comments: