Monday, October 8, 2007

AIA Austin Homes Tour...

I missed the AIA Homes Tour of Austin this past weekend. Home Owners were willing to let the masses show up and look at what some well known architects in Austin have created for them. I also know of someone that has gone to them on a yearly basis and loves going. I was able to hear about the homes and also what they liked and didn't like. These homes have a modern flair to them. They remind me of the Mid-Century Modern homes built around the 1950s, but with a today modern feel. A lot of the homes and styles are represented through a community in Austin, Agave. I was able to look at several of them and really enjoy the clean, simple lines. They seem easily enough to build as they are box shaped. There are so many different configurations of them. I like the idea that not much space is wasted. They are opened up to a lot of light as the homes proudly incorporate many windows. To see the website look up: http://www.aiaaustin.org/

Some of the homes that stood out to me were…

http://www.urbanjobe.com/postoak/resid_postoak.htm

http://www.aiaaustin.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=80

http://www.cuppettarchitects.com/trees.htm#

Hopefully I set aside some time and make sure to go looking at houses next year. I'm looking to become inspired.

0 comments: