Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blog Changes...

I've been working on some changes to my blog. I have changed the colors to something more soothing to me. It's still clean, but now just bold and blue! I'm going to work on how I put links on the blog and change them to hyperlinks with normal words and not the URL. I also put a little weather widget on there to see what the weather is like in Cedar Creek. I did this a week or so ago, but I put some links to pictures. Everytime you reload the webpage or each time you open the page, it will show random pictures from my flickr account. If you click on it, it will open the picture and take you to the flickr website. On my flicker account, you can see many more pictures than I post on the blog. I usually pick one of the many I take when I go out to the property. I then added "My Links", which will be links to other blogs that have to do with contemporary designs, craftsman designs, green living, etc. The last thing that was added was "My Categories". I will categorize certain posts with names so if you wanted to search for all my "Floor Plans" that I have posted, click on the "Floor Plans" link. There is also another feature to email the post to someone. At the bottom of the post, it has a little envelope picture with a black arrow on it, click on it to forward the blog post to someone. Also, don't forget right next to it is a "comment" link to allow you to leave me messages, notes or ideas. The comments, once approved since I moderate them, will be visible to anyone that looks at the blog. It's a great way to have interaction.

I have some catch up with old posts to get it to the new standard. Don't expect anything soon.

As you can tell, I took time to rest some today and spent a lot of time online doing more research and learning about some of the features of blogger. I like the ideas and hope the website is more user friendly and useful.

Click here if you want to look at the updates!

0 comments: