Thursday, November 22, 2007

Viewing Loft...

I know budget is always a concern, for anyone. Well, unless your Mr. Microsoft himself. Since I am not him, I have to play close attention to budget. (Mr. Gates, if you are reading this...I'll take a donation!)

I have loved the idea of a viewing loft for a good while now. Actually, it's sorta like a turret in a castle. You can climb the stairs and have a great view of the space around you. I also like the idea of it being a quiet space and a good reading space. Sometimes we all need to get away and have some privacy, for sanity sake.

I saw a book, Blueprint Affordable, in a local Half Priced Books and fell in love with one of the design elements. It had a viewing loft that was accessible from a floor with a bedroom and master bedroom. There is a website that shows it: Looney Ricks Kiss. It's the River House. The window seats in the master bedroom are awesome too!

Unfortunately the website doesn't have all the details or floor plan, but the book does. This book has a lot of other ideas that I have been wanting to incorporate into my house as well, worth looking at. Slowly I'm getting all my stuff together to take to a home designer/architect. Once I'm satisfied with my list of wants and needs...then, I can start the process. I believe it may be a while because I want to make sure I really, really like the ideas. I want to sit on the ideas and let them soak in, to make sure they are truly desired/needed. The plans just need to be reasonable and realistic, budget conscience and beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: