I was looking at some home plans several days ago (like I always do) and I saw one with a "flex room". It was about 7'8"x6'8". It could be used for various different things, whatever you would want. It's not big so you couldn't have it at a media room. But, it could have media in it! I have been toying with some plans in my head for a while and think I have a solution to the much needed space used by the wife and I. She needs her craft space and I need my computer/music/whatever space. I thought about attaching two 8'x8' flex spaces to the living room area. I could put a couple of double opening doors to each one. So they could open wide and allow us to view the dining area, kitchen and living room from one space. Then it can be closed and the mess is hidden! It seems like a neat idea and would cut down on the idea of having a big room for both of us. We need our separate spaces, or at least I do. My space always seems to be invaded by, umm...crafts. And in defense of the wife, I always whine and cry about it. This could solve several problems...and use only 64 sq. ft. instead of 100 sq. ft. each. Plus, it would be central to the house. We could look at each other across the room from each other and send messages via paper airplanes, or just talk. Heck, we could just IM each other if we don't want to talk or have any noise. Now...I'm rambling, but that is what this blog is for, me to ramble on about the property/house.
Also, I went to see some houses and townhouses in a little neighborhood near where we live now. I liked the design elements of having a second bathroom, but having the shower/toilet area closed off from the sink area. Someone could use the sink while someone has more privacy taking a shower. Time efficiency in the bathroom. However, I would put in a pocket door from the toilet to sink area. It would make much more sense. To see the subdivision, click here. In all of "The Residences" you can see them. I saw a stone fire pit in the back of one model home. I plan to go back tomorrow and take some pictures for future reference. I'll post them soon. It also substitutes as a bench!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment