No, I didn't buy one. At this time, I can't afford one. I went to RCO Tractor and talked to John about what he had and didn't have. It was a good education. For what I would need...plus one more it would be approximately 8K. Yes, much more steep than I would have imagined. It may be better to get a small car and just run over the grass and dirt until it's flat or dead. Ok, maybe it would be a bit much. I looked at the Yanmar YM1610. It's a 3 cylinder, 4x4, koyker loader, howse 4' mower and box blade. It might want to add the $100 quick attach/detach for the front end loader (in case I want to drop and go...quickly). It's quite a little tractor, but it would do the job...for a long, long time. I liked the mower option as the blade is about 1/2" thick. He said it would go through a 2" little tree and speeds up to 200 mph. Hence a brush mower. It isn't a finish mower which would give you the house on the corner beautiful yard. Heck, I'm in the country and if it isn't over my knees and I can see my feet, good enough.
I learned a lot and will continue to look online and also at other sellers as I'm sure there are other deals. Only thing that made me wonder was the engines were painted all green, even the hoses. I heard once from a wise man, if they paint the engine...beware. They are making it look too pretty. I had that hesitant thought for a moment.
Overall...it was a good experience and I learned a lot, especially about Yanmar tractors.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment