Saturday, November 17, 2007

Stress Reduction and Manual Labor...

It was amazing how much stress was relieved when all the stuff from the storage unit was put into the shed. I was trying to hit a deadline...and even if it was over 10 days, it was good enough. Monday, the day after the delivery was made, I was able to rest my mind and take it much more easy. The backpack full of rocks is now gone, as my burden is much lighter. I'm very happy of that. Now...how fast can I save up money! ha ha.

Also, today the wife and I went out to the property. I packed the car full of stuff, being a coffee table, a gardening tool organizer and a workbench. I unloaded and rested. That was right after my wife made the shed look and feel like a living room. We unloaded the rug and laid it out. Put the coffee table out and pulled up the recliners and glider/rocker. We had to sit back and enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the country. All I could hear was the birds. I also then did some work by trying to smooth out some lumps of dirt and rocks that are around the foundation of the shed. When they dug up the dirt for the beams of concrete, they put it around the area. I was able to work on 2.5 sides of the shed. I just need to drag/smooth out the dirt in the back and the front. I need to carry off some of the piles of concrete laying around. I don't need the dirt up higher than the foundation. The back of the shed is my most concerned area, but the rain runoff goes to the side not the back. I'm trying to get it around 4" - 6" or so beneath the foundation where it meets the metal siding. I want to look into planting some grass seeds around the area soon to keep the run off from splashing dirt back onto the shed and also keep the dirt from eroding. I'm hoping that next week I can get close to finishing the rest. Today was a good day as it rained off and on during my work. It's starting to look more like civilized country!

0 comments: