Friday, November 9, 2007

Today...

Today is Friday. It's a special day as it's my birthday! Part of today was dedicated to the project. I went to two places to look at tractors/lawn mowers. However, I think that the more I think about it...I need a small tractor. Considering how uneven some spots are, the riding lawn mowers may have a difficult time with the terrain. I learned there is a place in Paige that sells small tractors. If nothing else, I can go by and see what to look for in a small tractor. And when I say small tractor, it would be a little bigger than a riding lawn mower, but not much. I also went to Half Price books and looked up some house design and planning books. I'll look those up on Amazon later and see if the marketplace price is better than HP books. I also received three books for my birthday today. Don't laugh...I received "The complete idiot's guide to designing your own home", "So... you want to build a house" and "The owner-builder book". I also received a "log home living" magazine today in the mail. No, I don't plan on building a log home. They have lots of design ideas and resource list. Once the initial things are done, then I plan on just saving so I have plenty of time to focus on reading and not buying big items. I'm sure it will be vital if I plan to be my own general contractor. I wish you could just see what is in my head, it's beautiful. I hope the price is just as exciting.

0 comments: