The shed is almost done and almost paid off. I have started looking at my next projects and have looked at the equipment needed. I need a good shovel, rake, something that cuts down grass, something that hauls stuff around and a good chainsaw.
The shovel and rake are easier and the cheapest tools. I have done some research and decided I'll invest into an Echo CS-370. I have seen "brand new in box" on eBay for about $100 less than in a store, and that includes shipping. I haven't ordered it yet...but, it will be soon enough. I plan to start some projects by cleaning up some lower branches on trees and also trimming broken branches and cutting up trees and/or branches that have fallen. I will be stacking the firewood by the shed. The rest will be used in a campfire. Anyone ready for a long day by the fire?
I also plan on getting some type of riding lawnmower or tractor that can be used for mowing and attaching a dump cart to haul wood. I also need to be able to smooth out rough, lumpy dirt mounds. I want to plant a little grass in an area to prevent future erosion and have a "nice, clean" area that looks good. Giving me a vision of tomorrow. I prefer a rear engine mower and even looked at a used snapper today. I know I'm not the smallest person, but the mower seemed really, really small. I'm not expecting a lazy boy recliner on a mower, but at least something more comfortable. I want to go look at some at actual retailers to see what there is and see what I'm comfortable with the most. I can then look for used ones. I don't like the engine in the front as it's harder to see what you are mowing in front of you. It's not very fun to run over rocks, tree stumps or other various objects as they can mess up the mower when it could have been avoided. I have considered getting a smaller tractor. Yes, an actual tractor. It can have mower attachments and also possibly a blade attachment on the front, so I can push things around or even uproot small brush. I'll definitely let you know what I'm going to do as I'm not even sure yet. I have been spending a lot of time on Craigslist to check prices and what is available. I'll wait until I can pay cash for the items. I'm glad I research, but I'm easily frustrated as it drives me crazy. It's an OCD thing I'm sure! But, it has saved me a lot of money and possibly some frustration in not just buying the first thing I see, while benefiting by getting the best bang for the buck!
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment