Friday, September 4, 2009

News Flash...

So, we start the march. We are moving forward. I'm nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time.

I have chosen Ryan Builder, Inc. to do the design work of the house. Ryan is working on his internship to become an Architect. He works with his father Erle, a registered architect, to design houses. They have completed over 4500 projects, from remodeling to new construction. They have a solid background with designing houses that builders can build, as they are a design/build company. I will not be using their "build" portion of services. Also, they have fresh perspectives of current building technology. I feel confident in their abilities and look forward to working with them.

We have decided to use the consultation services of UbuildIt. I have spoke with Tony Mangold many times and feel comfortable with their services. They will help with obtaining financing, consultation, subcontractor resources, etc. He will provide up to 23 site visits and help me learn to become a construction superintendent, basically. He is a builder himself, having built custom homes to track homes. I'm glad I have someone that is more than just a head hunter, but a knowledgeable resource.

I have my first site visit, having all parties meeting next Thursday at the Property to start the process. I know there will be challenges, learning curves, compromises and the excitement of a new phase in the journey.

If you want to know more about the companies, please click on the links. I will update you of any changes.

I pray Blessings and Godspeed on this journey.

0 comments: