Saturday, September 12, 2009
Craft Area...
It was posed to us to think about square footage and how to make everything we want work. Do we just have one extra bedroom or two? How do we make space for our individual hobbies, interests, etc.? I think I have an idea for the craft area. I think it can be done in 30 sq. ft. Imagine a wall closet. Same idea, but somewhat bigger. It would be about 10 feet long and 3 feet deep. Countertops and lower cabinets are about 24 inches deep. That would give about 12 inches of open space between the bi-folding doors. Also, there is the storage cabinet we already have. We can have an open space for seating to be stored under the countertop. The upper part will be open shelving and the lower part is cabinets made of drawers. If possible, we can put a window between the lower shelf and the countertop. I have seen that in some of the newer kitchens. That would light up the workspace during the day. I think this would cut down from the 8x8 small space or the 10x10 room space, saving 34 to 70 sq. ft. we don't really need to waste. Also, her chair and work space would open up to the living room so it's one big space. Once the doors are closed, it will not exist and will look neat and tidy again. I think it's a great solution. Here is a top view image I tried to put together in MS Paint.
Categories:
Design Ideas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment