I met with Tony, Ubuildit, and MLA Labs on Wednesday PM. I again was recommended to move the house back and to the left. I can see more now what the benefits would be. It is being backed up to the trees, blocking the west sun more. Cooling the house even more. Another benefit is having more space in front of the house. That gives more parking room, something I've been concerned about. I liked those ideas.
I then went to visit someone who is a reference for Tony. I saw their house and ended up visiting for about 3 hours (give or take). It was amazing to see a house at 6:30PM that is 3700 sq. ft. and was in it for about 2 hours, no AC on at all...and very comfortable! Wow! I learned a lot about the building process, my part and what to expect, good and bad. It was very beneficial.
The Soil Boring will end up happening tomorrow, Saturday. It is a quick turn around. I didn't expect it to be done so fast. We will get a soil analysis and a report as to what would be recommended with building the engineered slab. Gotta make it right or it could cost a LOT later.
I plan to also go to several places, appliances, plumbing, etc. tomorrow to get some ideas and pricing for fixtures, bathroom and kitchen spaces. It will give me a better idea when it comes to actually starting the next phase of building.
Cheers!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment