A couple of months ago the wife and I went to visit EH Systems LLC. I have wanted to go on a tour for a long time. They moved to a new building and still needed to setup the equipment so I needed to wait for the tour. I called them back 2 months later and scheduled a time to meet. I met with Allen Scarborough and spent an informative 3 hours learning about SIPS and Jumbo Panels.
I knew a lot of what was discussed, but was able to see the actual process the SIPS construction takes. I learned it was cheaper to use Jumbo panels instead of connecting 4 foot panels to each other. It also has less seams. I also learned it costs extra to have cut outs for doors and windows. However, if you go ahead and order your windows, then they can install them properly for you and have them shipped in the panels. Also, they are starting to put together metal stud walls. I can see them in the future being a "whole home package" instead of just exterior walls and roof. There was a bunch of handouts we received in a packet that explains what they offer when you purchase their products. It is awesome how efficient it is, but also how complicated the A/C system can become, as a result.
I knew they take already created home plans or architecturally created CAD files and optimize them for the SIPS system. They say it takes about one week to ten days to finalize the process. They said they can even prevent structural issues or fix problems with the original plan. To me it is almost like a safe guard or having a second set of eyes that creates a greater quality assurance factor for me.
Also, they first ship the walls and then ship the roof in a separate shipment. Little things to learn. On a good note, they are local so shipping costs would be less than other SIPS providers. Hopefully.
I really appreciate the time Allen and EH Systems provided for me. It was a great educational experience and allows me to be a better home owner/builder.
Thanks Guys!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment