Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kitchen of Light...


Window Kitchen, originally uploaded by cedarcreektx.

WOW...when I saw this in the "Log Home Living" magazine...I was amazed! For some reason I'm drawn to this non-traditional kitchen. Getting rid of the upper cabinets and replacing them with just windows is a new concept to me. We have plenty of nice views on the property and what a nice way to display them from the inside of the house! I can see if we have enough cabinet storage on the bottom areas, we are good. There are plenty of lower cabinets now that show plates, cup, etc. being in them and easily accessible. Plus, I'm a believer in not having too many dishes. Maybe 8-12 place settings. Anymore than that is plastic cups and plates, if not paper. How many plates and cups do you need? OK, it's my rant time. Plus, it will keep the dishes washed regularly. I'm not the best dish washer, so it may help! In this kitchen, the biggest impact is the lack of upper cabinets and being full of windows. I'm still not into the log home look or feel. Also, the mosaic rounded bar area is amazing, but it looks expensive. I'm willing to give up my pre-conceived ideas about the layout of a house if you can convince me another idea is better. So far, continuing to look for other things have been helping me open my mind to other ideas. So far, everyone that I have shown this picture to likes the way it looks!

1 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I think it's awesome! less cabinet doors that can be slammed and I'm so with you on the amount of dishes! less is more IMHO