Saturday, August 9, 2008

Expensive Homes...

A couple of months ago we went to see the 2008 Parade of Homes that was out in Lakeway. Rough Hollow to be exact. The houses ranged from 2-6 million dollars and from maybe 4,000 to 10,000 square feet. A whole family tree could fit in some of these houses. I want to recap what I enjoyed. First, I loved the edgeless swimming pools. Each pool seemed like it escaped into the skyline. It was a waterfall on the other side. Beautiful. I was mesmerized by the home theaters. Some were nicer than others, IMO. I liked the darker rooms that had super comfortable seating. Ambient lighting and amazing artwork. The sound...the visual, it may be worth it! I felt like I was in a private theater. It was awesome. Another house had a fish tank. But, not just any other fish tank. It sat beneath a wine cellar next to the bar. It then connected to the water feature that was on the back patio. All the fish could swim back and forth under the clear floor. It was just an amazing sight to see! Then, on to the electronics. I saw some many boxes with wires and wondered what they all did! The house was wired for sure. A little touch pad could control lights, music, TV and possibly alien spaceships. I want something similar. No touch pads, but an all in one center for the electronics and then run wires from there. I want it to be "clean". Now, if I just had several million dollars I would have all that stuff.

What I would have different...I would change many things. I would keep from having such huge spaces that to me would seem wasted. I was very disappointed in how much more they could have done to support the environment. Maybe I missed it, but the huge houses that need lots of A/C and Heating...no solar? No SOLAR??? I was shocked. As much as Austin preaches "Green"...there should be something. Something more.

As much as I enjoyed looking at houses that have elevators, closets that are 1000 sq. ft. and two kitchens...I'm glad I'm not getting one. I believe I would feel lost and that comfortable feel would be missing. I would post pictures, but they were not allowed. I did buy a DVD to remember all the images. Hopefully they incorporate Solar and help the earth. We only have one until they can colonize Mars.

0 comments: