Saturday, October 3, 2009

Concept Designs...

A couple of weeks ago we received 3 concept designs. I think that conceptually, they are very close. Realistically, they don't match the property very well. That was conveyed to the architectural designer. They went out to the property again this past Friday to re-check the property and make sure what space was available to place the house and work with a design within that space. I did recreate the concept 2 design, as I liked that one the best. This weekend I plan to try to come up with another design that could help them see what we want...I'll have to post that later. Here are the pictures...



This next one was my favorite. I loved the entry and how it separates the master bedroom area from the rest of the area. I also liked the courtyard and the ease of having a screened in porch on the other side of the entrance. I think this plan has more potential than the others.



This next picture is the third concept. This is the one I liked the least. Everything is too spread out. And...parking over the path seemed interesting. Now, I can see it in my head, but the space is too stretched out.



This is my revision of concept 2. I think it brings us much closer to what we want...



One of my biggest concerns is cost. I believe we can still get what we want, but keep it "cost cautious". A new term...:-) I know my revision has about 16 corners. I've read that each corner can add 4-6 thousand dollars to a houses price to build. As much as it's important to make a house visually appealing, it's important to keep it in budget. I've seen some ideas lately that help dress up corners that keep them appealing without having lots of inside/outside corners that make it interesting.

Happy Trails...

0 comments: