The old gate post was falling over. Thanks to rotting cedar and a nudge from a past job bidder (it was very muddy and he accidently backed into it). There was an old telephone pole up by the front of the property that has been just laying around. My brother and I were going to fix it this morning with another cedar, yet changed our minds. I'm glad we did. It seems like it would be much more sturdy. So, I went out and bought three little bags of quickcrete. Bad choice, we needed much more. I made a total of 3 trips to Home Depot today. It looks much better and works much better. There is a little gap between the gate and the post, but it locks just fine. Someday when we get a really good gate (with solar and remote controlled opening features) we will not have to worry about these minor issues. I'm looking forward to that day. I used to live at a place we had to constantly open and close a gate. I can't do that anymore. I'll do it for the meanwhile though. A future project will be the other post the gate is attached to, as it is starting to be wobbly and the gate is leaning some. That may be a bigger project than today's project. We would have to reattach the gate and possibly drill out some holes. Another day. I'm glad this project is done and I don't have to worry about the fence completly falling over. The only thing holding up the fence was the gate. Happy Day!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment