As I sit here, watching my cat play on the chair, I am trying to recollect the weekend.
First I went to look at a house that was built using Custom Design Services home plans. It was on Susan Dr. up around Lakeway. The plans are simple enough for my needs, but when looking at the finished product, I didn't like the window layouts. I think that the outside of the house should be as beautiful as the inside. I think the overall outside look is pleasant enough and loved the palm trees planted outside.
Second, I went to look at a subdivision Hillside 2222. They are condominiums that are much more modern in the side of a hill. They were very nice. I loved the Kohler sinks in the Model Home, Vista. Also, I like the shower/tub design for the Vista on their website. In the model, it was the optional one shower and an extra cabinet area in front of the toilet area.
Also, I was looking at some of my magazines that I usually do for ideas. My first website that I visited was Viking. I liked their freezers and refrigerators that can go side by side, like I have mentioned before about the Sears models. However, I would think I could trust the Viking brand much more. They specialize. The second one, Lumens, is more about lighting and very cool, yet strange ceiling fans. I tend to want a Hunter brand fan in my next home, but I'm open to options. The third thing, and most interesting, was the Green Screen. Imagine a wire mesh that attaches to the side of the house or even used as a structure of it's own and having plants intertwined all through it! It shows it attached to buildings and even as a patio or outside area cover. It can even be used as a wall, to create atmosphere, privacy and an environment that could attract all types of wildlife, including butterflies and hummingbirds. I didn't add bees, as some people may irk at the sound, but I like honey so they don't bother me! The more I look at the website, the neater it looks! However, a much cheaper option could be 2x4's and good chicken coop wire.
Last, but certainly not least. I have been thinking about my last encounter with CDS, as mentioned above, regarding home design. I'm considering putting "my plans" to rest and wait until a site evaluation. I don't have endless space to do whatever I want. I can remove a few more trees that are to the back of the open space, but figure I'll wait. A designer will consult with a client to discuss placement, space allowed, north, east, west, south facing sides, etc. I'll keep up with the elements that I want in a house, but back off of making the plans. I'll keep the ones that I have to explain some of my desired ideas so they have a concept of my needs as a homeowner.
Until my next update, continue to have a happy, healthy life!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment