Saturday, April 5, 2008

Update...

Ok, about 2 weekends ago, a friend and I went out to do a little bit of work on the property. I think we rested more than we worked. However, we did move things around some. I tried out my new chainsaw, spending more time on adjusting the chain than sawing. I'm sure the adjustments will be made and it will work fine. That was not the day to work on it anymore than I already did!

Next, today my bro and me went to a green expo in San Antonio. I'm glad we were able to sneak in for free (I tried to find someone to pay, sorta). If I did pay, I would have asked for my money back. There were about 10 tables (vendors) and only 3 were manned, or wommanned. The only thing I found different was a type of gutter that caused the sheet of water coming off the roof to spray out onto the area below. Not much exciting there to me. I was disappointed. I had more fun after that expo! I saw more at the baby garage sale in the room next door. I had to make my trip worth it! No, they were not selling babies, but what would keep them warm, happy, etc.

We went to Devonworth Homes to see the model at the Havenwood subdivision. However, it was the same model as the last neighborhood that I looked at in the past. Reason I went there? They build SIPS structures. Not much was new, met the sales agent. She was funny...and learned a lot about SIPS from us! That was amusing. I had a few good laughs. Then, we went to a few places (Big Dogs at Tanger Outlets and Whataburger) and then onto the next unplanned stop. We ended our journey at the Hays County Equipment place. They sell tractors and similar equipment. I did see a neat tractor a Kubota B2710. I liked it...good design. I looked online and found them to cost from 9-14K. Too much for my budget. It did have good reviews. Since I have used one in the past, I can say that I do like that brand. They were closed, so I'll call them the beginning of next week to see what the price is, for grins. End of Trip.

Oh, I did get a bid to get the rest of the small brush cleared away, smooth the spaces so I can spread Bermuda grass seed and then look into getting all the brush chipped/shredded. One bid put it at about 1,000 herring. Way too much! So, I call my last guy that did the work. He no longer does this kind of work and sold off his equipment. That bid was made 2 weeks ago and I haven't made much progress in getting other bids. I'll work on that more this coming week. I have still debated getting my own tractor and doing the work, when I want and how much I want to do at a time.

In two weeks, I hope to go to the Green Building Show (not the Home and Garden show).

0 comments: