Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Small...but, big updates...

So, lots of things happening...but, slowly ramping up for a big start. At least that's my plan.

- I've applied for my construction and driveway permit. Also, I have my actual home address (911 addressing) now. That's exciting! Feels like it is becoming real now...

- I've spent at least 10 hours or more at Lowe's this past weekend pricing cabinets, countertops, faucets, lights, etc., etc... It has been quite the process. I'm learning what is a minimum, decent and high cost for things. It will help with budgeting!

- I've made a list of future people that will bid my jobs...and still working on updating it with more information. I've been going through all my contact information I have collected since I've started. I hope I'm not missing anything there.

- I'm supposed to meet with the architects next week to look over the final details and move toward the blueprint stage. Then...onto getting the bids!

It's been fun, long...and exciting. Looking forward to the end of the week. I'm supposed to get a few images/plans/details or such from the architect.

2 comments:

Donna Baker said...

I believe it was about 12 hours spent at Lowe's - it was fun though!

Maria said...

Congratulations to you both on the progress. I'm so excited for you. I always look forward to the updates, and get excited when I see a new one. What a wonderful journey you've embarked on.