It seems this may be their first...and hopefully not their last. They had some great handouts and a good outline that was followed without a hitch. From understanding the architects duties to the stages to expect when going from the start of the design to seeing the design in person and getting the keys to your house. They only had one hour and did well considering.
I learned a few things. The most important one is the fact the architect is involved with the process from the beginning to the end. They even make sure the builder is building according to plan. I thought that once the plan was done...their part is over. I didn't realize how much was involved with hiring the architect. I feel better knowing that. Some of you may say, "Duh, could have told you that." So...why didn't ya? ha ha
The more I learn, the less I know. Heard of that before? Yeah...at least I'm learning as much as possible so the road will be less bumpy.
Oh, they also said...be honest with the budget. They can design a house based on the budget. I didn't realize they are in touch with products and prices. "With this budget, you can only afford this product(s). This one will cost you $2500 more." I'm looking more and more forward to meeting the person who will help me through this process.
Oh..Congratulations Longhorns!!!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment