Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home and Garden Show

I went to the Home and Garden show two weekends ago. Yes, it's been a while since I have posted. I've been busy doing other things, but I haven't had this off my mind by no means. First, before I go much further into this...I decided I don't need to go to any HG shows anytime soon or possibly later. I've seen the same thing over and over the past few times. This last time was much more boring. However I did have one find and had a discussion with people from Paul Danna Construction. They were talking about Igloo Panels. (Note: I'm sending a post tonight about ICF panels, which is like what they use) They shared a picture of a house they just built. It was a regular house with a garage converted to another living space. Hmm...sounds familiar. Since then I've been waiting for them to email me the pdf file of the house design layout. They said the walls are R52, I think. That's good! They are about 12 inches thick, they better be! They said that the end cost would be about the same as a stick framed home, but much more energy efficient. I've heard the same about SIPS. Hmm...a bunch of options. I'm going to post a message about SIPS panels as well. So far, this is my update for now. It's been slow and I haven't been to the property for almost a month. I need to go out there...for some fresh, clean air soon.

0 comments: