Thursday, December 13, 2007

Auction...

It has been a while since I have last posted. This past Sunday I was at an auction in Sealy, TX. Hradil Auctions They had many tractors and that is what I went there to check out. I only came home with a pressure washer for $20, that normally sells for $120. That was good, but no tractor. I found that I really like the Mitsubishi tractors. I was looking at the Yanmar tractors, but they were not that comfortable to get on and off. They also had many shifting levers and in odd places, to me. The Mitsubishi MT2501D and MT2201 were both great! The 25 tractor has 4 wheel drive and the other has 2 wheel drive. Being that the property has a lot of ups and downs and isn't a flat space, the 4 wheel drive is necessary. I wasn't wanting to spend what he would be willing to take for those tractors. He did have several in my price range, but I wasn't happy with the choices. They were very used and seemingly older. I also liked the MT tractors because they were the 4 cylinder diesel tractors. They were much quieter and seemed to vibrate the tractor less. When I see that, I think of me being shook around less as well! Since I was able to get home and research those models, I was able to learn that his prices were very good. I could even buy a Pegasus Industries brush mower and box blade for much less than new prices. The only thing that I couldn't get from him would be the FEL or Front End Loader. That would cost more, but to me would be what I could use the most right now. It gave me some ideas and I am much more educated. Maybe in a couple of months I can see what he has if I don't find something else sooner.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

0 comments: