Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh the fun...


I've only been posting pictures and keeping it upbeat. There is another side to building your own house, as some of you know. Since i've been the general contractor, it is all up to me to get anything done. I have a consultant, but they consult...not work. I can't tell you how many hours i've put into this so far, but it is a LOT. The inspection went ok today. No major issues. That is good. However, there are some issues to be addressed. There are messes to clean up. There are contractors to hash out issues with, sometimes daily. There are dueling plumbers...long story. There are due dates, deadlines, expectations and keeping track of it all. I'm grateful for my wife who has been helping with the financial aspect and listening to me when i think i'm about to lose my mind. I'm grateful for some of my contractors being hard workers and being fair. I'm grateful that i'm probably halfway done if not more. I'm grateful for the fact my sanity is still intact and i have friends i can vent to when it is crazy. I'm grateful for sleeping medicine. You try this and you would be grateful too. Sometimes things run through my head and i can't sleep. And right now i'm grateful for the peaceful surroundings and spanish music i'm listening to while i've been waiting for a contractor for 3 hours...at the same time as i type this. I'm grateful for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for numbing my mind. I'm grateful for geocaching and all the new caches that i will get someday soon with more time available to do so. I'm grateful for everyone who is reading this and support and encourage me. Keep the project and me in your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

Donna Baker said...

Keep up the great work honey! It will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Your efforts have transformed a wooded area into a home that will be enjoyed for years to come! This is a labor of LOVE and the Lord will supply you with all you need to see this project to its completion - the day you receive the key to your front door and you walk in and sit down and look around and think to yourself - WE DID IT!!! Can't wait to come visit with Tom, Gabby and Joey! SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU!!!!

PRAYERS, LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE & SLEEP SENT YOUR WAY!

ValG in CA