Sunday, March 28, 2010

End of March Update...

Well, I keep telling myself that one day closer is one day closer. The insanity of it keeps me sane. I've been saying it for several months now! Several things that have been happening since last update.

1. Water line was installed, yet developed a water leak. The guy finally went out to look at it. Cracked pipe. He said he fixed it...I'll go out this next week and check it. It will be nice to see real running water and not just a trickle!

2. I went out and found a used Urinal a month or so ago. Then, I learned that I didn't have the necessary parts for it to function. It was missing the hanger and the flange seal was past worn. I did my research online and found out that the company is now bought out by a bought out company. Needless to say, finding a part number or have someone look it up was going to be very difficult. I keep it in the trunk of my car and remembered when driving by a plumbing parts place. They directed me to another (the search continued on) and we were able to find parts that fit. I knew they had to be standard. So, with an inexpensive fix ($50 in urinal and parts, and gas on top of that) it can save me potentially $300 to $400. Gotta love what Craig's List can do for us.

3. We had to make some difficult decisions and due to initial $$$, we will build the house in phases. We will build the main house first and then, in time, we will build the Casita. At least we can get the process moving. It isn't exactly what all of us wanted, but we will make due and make the best of it. At least I'll know what I'm doing for sure when we build the second phase. Plus, I can be there for it much more often.

4. We were able to get a budget together for the main house and had to have it re-bid. It took several more weeks of our time to do this. I hope everything is together right...it seems so. We still have some decisions to make, but we have an estimated budget to send to the financial people. So, this next Wednesday I have my first meeting with the financial guys...and then they go into a QC process to make sure it is all correct. After that they said it will be off to the bank or whomever would back the interim construction loan. That process should take 3 weeks from Wednesday. Then, I should have a green light to build. I'm excited...and ready, but nervous all the same.

Happy days and trails to you and yours...

0 comments: